turned 6 on the day he fondly called "Happy Friday" - or Good Friday to the rest of us.
He is such a good kid and we love him to bits! Some things about Benson at 6:
- he is so creative and imaginative in his play. He loves to draw, paint, cut things out, create with lego and has recently discovered a love of scrapbooking (definitely my son!)
- he LOVES tv and is currently restricted to only watching tv after school on Friday's and on the weekend. Even then we limit how much time he is allowed.
- he is doing well at school and I can see a real improvement in his reading this year. He has lots of friends and seems to fit in well. He loves doing activities on the computer.
- he copes well living with Coeliacs and has a really mature attitude towards what he eats. He loves fresh fruit and vegetables and his favourite meals are picnic dinner, Shepperd's pie, nachos / tacos and spaghetti bolognaise.
- he is 126.5cm and 27kgs which is tall - no doubt he is going to be very tall as an adult.
- He has lost one tooth (on Easter Sunday - bottom front) and has another loose bottom tooth.
- he has turned into a "water boy" this summer, joining Nippers, loving spending time at the beach, pool and snorkling.
- has a LOT of problems tidying up after himself and keeping track of his stuff - particularly at school. We are working on this with a chore chart and pocket money reward system.
- he says the funniest things at times, like on Easter morning he said the Easter Bunny was "very thoughtful" for bringing him a lego tile separator as part of his Easter present.
- He is still very good friends with Chelsea and from time to time they both still talk about getting married.
- He favourite bed toy is still Blue Bear, who is looking somewhat worse for wear after so much love and is now affectionately known as BB, BlueB and manky bear.
- his favourite toys at the moment are defintely lego and he likes to make things according to the instructions and then pull them apart and make his own things (which freaks me out!). He has no trouble following instructions to put together complicated creations.
All in all our little man is growing up so fast!
Love you Benson
Mummy and Daddy xxxx